TOWBAR FITTING SERVICE
At White Horse Motors we have been fitting towbars for over 60 Years, meaning we have the experience and knowledge to carry out high quality fitment and coding of a wide range of Towbars applicable for your vehicle.
- Fitment of a High Quality Tow Trust Towbar with your preferred choice of electrics
- All Towbars are fitted by our experienced fitters in accordance with the towbar manufacturer’s and Coding Software instructions
- Bypass relays are always fitted to vehicles with sensitive wiring if a ‘dedicated’ electrical kit is not required
- Towbar Accessories such as Towing Guides, Towball Covers & Electrics Adapters are all available
- All of our work is guaranteed. If you have any questions or queries that you need to know our experienced team will be able to help
We are proud to be an approved Tow-Trust dealership. Tow-Trust manufacture a wide range of fixed flange, fixed swan neck & swan neck detachable towbars for both commercial & non-commercial vehicles. Tow-Trust also manufacture & supply a wide variety of towing related products such as the ‘Pro-Step’ & ‘Jumbo’ range of steps (towing & non-towing) as well as accessories such as pin, ball & jaws & adjustable height couplings.
Fixed Flange Towbar
This is the type of tow bar that has been the UK’s standard fitting for many years. Its design uses a bolt-on towball and can be used with accessories such as bumper guards and tow-steps. The bolt-on nature of this towbar means a range of couplings such as standard 50mm towballs, Alko towballs or pin, ball and jaws can be attached to the faceplate. On some commercial vehicles that offer a 4 hole or 6 hole faceplate, the towball height can be adjusted. Cycle carriers can be fixed behind the coupling of this style towbar allowing for a towing facility and cycles to be carried at the same time.
Fixed Swan Neck Towbar
This design of fixed towbar is becoming increasingly popular in the UK. The fixed swan neck towbar is compatible for use with an Alko stabiliser without the requirement of a replacement towball. This design of the towbar is less likely to affect reversing sensors due to its slim-line design. Unfortunately, the fixed swan neck towbar is not compatible with common accessories such as bumper protectors or tow-steps and cannot be used for a cycle carrier whilst towing at the same time.
Vertical Detachable Swan Neck Towbar
The majority of Tow-Trust’s detachable swan neck towbars are ‘vertical’ (VK) systems making them fully hidden behind the bumper once the detachable neck is removed. All our VK towbars incorporate a fold away electrical plate enabling the towbar electrics to fold behind the bumper when not in use. Key features of the vertical detachable system are;
- Suitable for vehicles with reversing sensors
- In most instances, this system is completely invisible once the neck is removed and therefore preserves the aesthetic appearance of the vehicle
- Alko compatible
- Allows free access to the rear of the vehicle
- Lockable with a set of two keys provided
- Storage bag provided for safekeeping once the neck is removed
Horizontal Detachable Swan Neck Towbar
When a vertically loading detachable neck is not available Tow-Trust try to offer a ‘horizontal’ (HK) system. This allows all the benefits of the vertical detachable system above apart from the housing and socket plate being visible when the neck is removed.